World Series of Lacrosse Team
Stealth Lacrosse is proud to announce we will be fielding a U13 team to compete in the World Series of Lacrosse. To make the World Series of Lacrosse Championship, teams must finish in either 1st or 2nd place in a South Regional Qualifier. Our team will compete in the South Regional Qualifier the weekend of April 9th-10th, 2022. More details about the South Regional Qualifier can be found HERE.
We are searching for the top players in our region to create one South Florida team. We are currently accepting registrations for the team. Tryouts will be held Sunday, February 6th, 2022 from 10:00-11:30 am at Pine Trails Field, 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076. The tryout will help our coaching staff identify potential players and select a highly competitive team.
We invite all players to attend our open tryout. If you live within 100 miles of the Broward County/Palm Beach County area and meet the player requirements listed below we encourage you to attend tryouts. Please make sure to register below to receive upcoming tryout details and to be considered for the team.
Please review the following information listed below and contact us with any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing everyone at tryouts!
The Leader In Player Development
Date: Sunday, February 6th, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM-11:30 AM
Location: Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076 MAP
*All players must be within 100 miles of Broward/Palm Beach Counties.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, February 6th, 2022
Practice Information will be announced to the team. Practices will not conflict with Spring Travel Program practices.
Location: Parkland, FL Fields (Pine Trails Park/Terramar Park)
Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076
Terramar Park, 6575 NW 75th Drive, Parkland, FL 33067
WSYL South Regional Qualifier
The South Qualifier will be hosted at Franklin Gateway Sports Complex in Marietta, GA. All games will be played on turf. Teams will partake in pool play games to determine seeding for the playoffs. The top overall teams from the playoff bracket will be invited to the Championship in Boyds, Maryland June 30th-July 3rd. Games on Saturday will be from 9 AM-6 PM and on Sunday from 9 AM-2 PM.
Click Here for information regarding the South Qualifier.
WSYL Regional Qualifier Rules
REGIONAL QUALIFIER RULES
All rules will be in accordance with current NCAA standards unless otherwise noted.
- Before each team’s first games roster verification will be required
- A tournament official will check each team’s roster making sure name, birthdate, and jersey number are correct
- Roster size will be capped at 30 total players with a max of 28 field players
- No double rostering is allowed
- Players can only compete on one team
- Each team will be allowed to have four coaches on the sideline
- Games will be 4-12 minute running periods
- Games will start on time
- Each team will receive one timeout each half
- Timeouts will not carry over to the next half
- The clock will stop for timeouts
- Games with goal differential of 2 or less will have stop time the last 2 minutes of the game
- All games ending in a tie will go into a 8 minute sudden victory overtime period
- Teams will start at the opposite sideline from where they finished the games
- If no goals are scored after the 8 minutes, a one minute break will ensue and teams will change ends
- Teams will have one timeout per 8 minute overtime period
- Sticks must meet NCAA or NFHS standards
- Stick checks will not be mandatory by the officials
- Coaches can request a stick check at any time
- If the stick is found to be illegal the appropriate penalty will be assessed
- A timeout will be deducted if the stick is found to be legal
- If no timeouts remain then a 30 second technical foul will be assessed
- Any player fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her team’s next game
- If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament
- Fighting is an automatic ejection from the game
- Noise makers are not allowed at any time (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.)
- Offenders will be asked to leave the field
- Forfeits will be considered a 1-0 victory for the team that is prepared to play
- The forfeiting team will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs
- 2018 NCAA Clearing Rules – Advancing the Ball into the Attack Area: Upon gaining possession of the ball a team must advance the ball into its attack area within 30 seconds. Failure to do so will result in a turnover and the ball will be awarded to the opposing team at the spot of the violation
- The officials will enforce this rule using their timing devices.,2018 NCAA Rules will be in effect regarding “Goal Crease Prohibitions” (no crease dives permitted)
- 2019 NCAA Faceoff Rules will be in effect (knee and motorcycle grip allowed)
- Substitution Box will be 10 yards in accordance with the 2019 NCAA rules
Player Eligibility Rules
REGIONAL QUALIFIER RULES
All players must be born on or after 9/1/2008 for the 13U division. Birth certificate submission will be required by each player, All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field/HQ of their program
- Players will be required to submit a current academic year report card/school identification card or comparable proof of residency
- Clubs are able to host a tryout to form their teams and select players as long as they are not current members with another program participating in the LWSC
- Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted
- All roster eligibility rules will be enforced at the discretion of the Lacrosse World Series Championship
- No double rostering is allowed
- Roster size will be capped at 30 total players with a max of 28 field players and minimum of 2 goalies at all times
- Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players
- Total roster size can not exceed 30 players
- The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and approval
- Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License) verification of health insurance accepted in the United States and waiver forms must be submitted prior to participating in a regional qualifier
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated plus forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs.
Director Ryan Burton
Follow us on social media: